Gray Institute for Functional Transformation (GIFT)
A Fellow of Applied Functional Science™ (FAFS) is one who successfully completes GIFT and demonstrates confidence and competence in the Principles-Strategies-Techniques Process of Applied Functional Science™. A FAFS is also one that is certified in Functional Manual Reaction™ (FMR), which means that the FAFS has the knowledge, analytical ability, and hands-on manual skills necessary for the understanding, application, and integration of the Core Content of the GIFT Curriculum. FMR Certification is the evidence of confidence and competency in Applied Functional Science™ for assessment, training and conditioning, rehabilitation, and injury prevention.
GIFT is about:
- Teaching and mentoring professionals who touch the lives of those they serve.
- Discovery and growth of personal talent and promise.
- Optimizing functional performance … whether for the first time, the last time, or in the mean time.
- Building competency, credibility, and confidence in functional testing, treatment, and training.
- Growing in information (facts), knowledge (understanding), and wisdom (discernment) … the kind of wisdom that is honed on the edge of relevant experience – the kind of insights that are only gained by running the race.
- Getting to do (motivation) the right thing (guidance) in the right manner (wisdom) at the right time (significance) to create the foundation for relevant needed action.
- Encouraging others by positioning them for success and celebrating their achievement.
- Building community and building leaders who are enabled to make a positive difference in the lives of others.
- Developing personal gifts and giving generously to others out of gratitude for what we have been given.
To learn more about GIFT, please click on the following links:
GIFT is now taking applications (below) for GIFT 2014! This will be the 8th year of the program, which is expected to fill up quickly. The three (3) GIFT Gatherings for GIFT 2014 are as follows:
- March 19 – 22;
- July 9 – 12; and
- October 15 – 18.